Family Immigration

January 8, 2017

What if I came here illegally?

How to get a green card If you came here illegally the first thing you want to do is get legal status. And by legal status I mean getting a green card. Some people who enter the United States illegally may also be eligible for asylum if they have a well-founded fear of persecution on… Read More

Read More

November 26, 2016

Stokes Interview

The not so nice Stokes interview So you are sure you love each other and the marriage green card interview should be as easy as a walk in the park. Right?  If you fail to convince the immigration officer at your first marriage immigration interview that you have a good faith marriage, the USCIS may… Read More

Read More

September 28, 2016

H1B Transfer 2016

Requirements for H1B Transfer The h1b transfer (portability) provisions of section 105 of the American Competitiveness in the 21st Century Act (AC21) [INA 214(n)] permits an H1B transfer to a new employer under certain conditions. To transfer, the prospective employment must meet all the requirements of INA § 214(n) including the requirement that the new… Read More

Read More

September 7, 2016

How to find a good immigration lawyer

Finding a good immigration lawyer is one of the most important steps to get your immigration case approved and secure yourself and your family. Finding a good immigration lawyer can seem overwhelming because of the competitiveness of the legal industry. The following are quick tips for finding an immigration lawyer that is the right fit… Read More

Read More

May 22, 2015

How to file a form I-751 waiver petition

The i-751 self-petition Green card removal of conditions can be tricky as many marriages break down or end in divorce. If you are a conditional permanent resident, it is important that you contact a green card attorney at the first signs of conflict. Do not wait until you have a complete marriage meltdown before seeking… Read More

Read More

January 15, 2015

E-2 Treaty Investor Visa

E2 visa attorney Las Vegas E-2 Treaty Investor Visas are for foreign nationals coming to the United States to direct and develop the operations of United States business in which they have invested, or are actively in the process of investing a substantial amount of capital. Employees of a treaty investor with the same nationality may also… Read More

Read More

January 8, 2015

Affidavit of Support, I-864 and Taxes

Proving your income for affidavit of support i864 Just thinking about income taxes often taxes the mind. When filing for a spouse or fiancé (whether as a sponsor or joint sponsor) you will be required to file form I864 Affidavit of support (or I134 for a fiancé). In most cases income tax returns (with corresponding… Read More

Read More

January 2, 2015

Affidavit of Support I-864

Immigrant Affidavit of Support I-864 One of the most common issues that clients face is showing that the sponsor meets the income requirements for an affidavit of support. By law, an intended immigrant family member must demonstrate that he will not become a public charge by relying on welfare for support. The immigration form to… Read More

Read More

August 29, 2013

False Claim to U.S. Citizenship

The immigration consequences of a false claim to U.S. citizenship Foreign nationals in the U.S. and those attempting to enter the U.S. should be aware of the particularly serious consequences of a false claim to US citizenship. This is because a foreign national who falsely claims to be a U.S. citizen for any purpose or… Read More

Read More

August 7, 2013

N-648 Medical certification for disability

Naturalization with form n-648 medical disability waiver Under Section 312 of the Immigration and Nationality Act, an applicant for US citizenship must be able to read, write and speak basic English. He must also demonstrate a knowledge of U.S. history and government. But what happens when an applicant can barely remember that he had egg… Read More

Read More
Page 1 2 3 4

Goodin Law P.A. 3440 E Russell Rd #207 Las Vegas NV 89120 US | | Immigration Attorney Las Vegas NV | Phone:(702) 423-2721