May 24, 2012

Presumptive immigration marriage fraud

Presumptive immigration marriage fraud – from green card by marriage to immigration petition for a new spouse in less than 5 years When a permanent resident obtained a green card by marriage which later ends in divorce, an immigration petition for a new spouse cannot be approved if filed within 5 years of obtaining permanent… Read More

Read More

November 4, 2011

Sample Certificate of Translation

What is a certified translation? Any foreign language birth certificate, marriage certificate other document of evidentiary value that is submitted to USCIS¬†or an immigration court in connection with an application or petition, must be¬†accompanied by a Certified English Translation. The Certified English Translation is a full English language translation which the translator has certified as… Read More

Read More

August 1, 2011

Information for Marriage visa and K visa holders

Green card marriage issues As Las Vegas immigration attorney who has handled many marriage immigration cases, I often see cases where the foreign nationals worry that their immigration status in the United States depends on someone else and the US citizens worry that the foreign national will divorce them after receiving a green card. Abusive… Read More

Read More
US Fiance Visa

May 19, 2011

Protected: Filing the K1 Visa Petition

There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.

Read More

May 4, 2011

Birth certificate not available for green card

No birth certificate for green card? Sometimes clients do not have certain civil documents such as birth or marriage certificates, to prove that they are eligible for visas or green cards. These types of case need more care and skill. Here is a brief discussion of the issue using a birth certificate as an example.… Read More

Read More

April 26, 2011

What is K3 Visa?

The K3 Visa As a Las Vegas immigration lawyer I often see cases where a US citizen is petitioning for a spouse living abroad and become concerned about the time it will take to bring the spouse to the United States. The k3 visa might be one option that the US citizen might consider. K3… Read More

Read More